Aaron is the head of location based marketing at WCG, a global agency offering integrated creative, interactive and marketing communications services to clients in healthcare, consumer products and technology. At WCG, Aaron not only focuses on helping customers with mobile marketing and location based marketing but also helps provide social voice for the company. In this role, Aaron continues with his speaking, blogging (syndicated on socialmediainformer.com), podcasting and social networking activities with an eye toward creating awareness and lead generation for WCG. Prior to joining WCG, Aaron spent time as the CMO of social media agency, Powered Inc., VP of social media at Mzinga and director of interactive at Fidelity Investments.
In addition to his knowledge of the interactive and social media landscape, Aaron has more than 17 years of online marketing and advertising experience, with a strong background in integrated and online marketing. Aaron is a founding member and former president of (BIMA) and a member and former board member of the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange (MITX). Aaron is also on the advisory board of the prestigious Social Media Club.
You can reach Aaron at stroutmeister AT gmail DOT com or on Twitter.
- PubCon – March 8, Austin, TX - Social Business panel
- SXSW – March 13, Austin, TX - Road Rules for Mentorship
- ITSG Conference – April 28, Scottsdale, AZ – Geolocation-Based Services (Mobile) panel
- Location Based Innovations to Enhance Social Media Marketing Conference – May 2-3, Las Vegas, NV - Insights from the Authors Who “Wrote the Book” on Location-Based Marketing!
- WOMMA’s School of WOM Conference, May 9-11, Chicago, IL (Swissotel) - Joint panel w/ Location Based Marketing for Dummies co-author, Mike Schneider
- Measure Up Conference – June 6-8, Boston, MA - LBM: How Can We Use the Data Here to Optimize Offers and Drive Incremental Revenue
- MarketingProfs Digital Forum, February 2-4, 2011, Austin, TX
Why Facebook Should Be and Essential Ingredient in Your Marketing Mix
- Location-based Marketing Summit: September 29-30, 2010, New York, NY
Location Based Marketing Consumer Behaviors and The Evolution of Social Networking – How to Plan for it.
- GeoM: October 4, 2010, Boston, MA
Making Money from LBS
- BlogWorld Expo: October 14, 2010, Las Vegas, NV
Location! Location! Location!
- Mass Comm Week, October 25, 2010, San Marcos, TX
Location Based Services Panel
- Innotech: October 28, 2010, Austin, TX
Social Media: 12 Months from Today
- Corporate Social Media Summit: June 15, 2010, New York, NYIntegrate social media into your marketing mix – and fully leverage social’s power
- Wine Industry Technology Symposium, July 13-14, Napa, CAAchieving ROI through SMO and Location Based Marketing
- Boston Social Media Breakfast, May 6, 2010, Boston, MA
- Social Media Strategies and Community 2.0 Conference, May 3-5, Boston, MA
- SXSW: March 12, 2010 Austin, TX
- AMA CMO Panel: February 17, 2010 Austin, TX
- Social Media Club: February 18, 2010 Dallas, TX
- DMA’s NCDM Conference: December 9, 2009 Las Vegas, NV
- IHAF Conference: October 8, 2009 Norwood, MA
- Driving Sales: October 14, 2009, Las Vegas, NV
- Social Media: Where it Works in Business and Does it Fit in Automotive?
- Blog World Expo: October 16, 2009, Las Vegas, NV
- The Twitter Game – How to “Play” Social Networking and Why it’s a Bad Idea
- AMA New Jersey – September 17, 2009Climbing the Social Ladder
- 140 Character Conference – June 16-17, 2009Twitter as the GPS for the Greater Social Media Mesh
- New Marketing Summit, Dallas – May 27-28 2009I’m Your Customer and I Can’t Hear You!
- The Conference Board: Marketing & Technology Summit – May 15, 2009Shaping Perceptions of Your Organization Using Web 2.0
- AV Marketing Roundtable – April 30, 2009Creative Ideas to Stretch Your Marketing Budget, Austin, TX
- New Marketing Summit, San Francisco – April 28-29, 2009I’m Your Customer and I Can’t Hear You!
- AMA’s M-planet Conference – January 27, 2009Competing in a World of Networked Organizations: Implications for Marketing.
- Gilbane Conference – December 4, 2008Collaboration and Social Computing for Publishing Professionals
- MITX Event – July 15, 2008 (video)Social Media: Lead Generation: The Business of Using Blogs, Podcasts, Message Boards and Facebook
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference – June 11, 2008Social Network Shootout
- IMC USA – May 22, 2008Social Networking and Web 2.0
- ACORD/LOMA – May 14, 2008 (video – click on “Social Media Panel Discussion)We are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business
- Community 2.0 Conference – May 13, 2008Marketing of, to, and through Online Communities
- Social Media Breakfast, Boston – May 1, 2008 (video)Hiring in a 2.0 World
- Milken Institute Global Conference, April 29, 2008Social Networking for Companies: A Hands On Guide (Conducted w/ Mzinga Chairman, Barry Libert)
- ForumOne Communications Online Business Community Forum – April 15, 2008Community Value and Revenue Techniques
- United Nations Meets Web 2.0 – March 24, 2008Social Networks and ICT Entrepreneurs
- MarketingProfs B2B Virtual Conference – March, 2007What data can we now collect on customers, and what does that mean for evolving security and privacy issues?
- Web Guild Web 2.0 Conference – January 29, 2008- Understanding the Social Graph
- The Power of Crowdsourcing
- June 21, 2007Making the Business Case for Social Media – Measuring the ROI of Social Media Programs
- NetFinance Forum – May, 2006E-mail best practices roundtable
- Forrester Finance Forum – June, 2005Designing a Great Web Experience
Aaron’s Areas of Expertise
- Location-based Services/Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- The New Agency: Picking the Right Partner to Support your Social Media Efforts
- Social Media for Business
- Enterprise Twitter Strategies
- Location-based Services for Business
- Building Business Communities
- Blogging/podcasting Best Practices