Diane Hessan, CEO of Communispace, is one of the pioneers in the world of online community. I’ve known “of” Diane for a while now but have only recently connected with her more directly via Twitter, blogs, etc. Not only has Diane overseen the construction/management of hundreds of communities for some pretty big brands, she’s also a big Red Sox fan. To that end, she recently brought two of my favorite passions — baseball and social — together in her recent Spring Training Tweetup (very sad I couldn’t be there).
- Community size (number of members) is overrated as a metric
- It’s not an impression if it doesn’t make one
- It is amazing what people will tell you if they think you are willing to hear them
- Listening is a really underrated marketing strategy
- My daughters have no desire to be my Facebook friend