- Do good by doing well (quote from Craig Newmark) – also embraced by Stonyfield Farms
- Think customer-centrically. No brainer but one that we forget a lot. Remember to take your corporate hat off and think like a customer.
- Help others go further. Give tools to democratize:
– Blogger – journalism
– Flickr – amateur photography
– Youtube – budding actors
- Spread love. Help people be better people. Mission cards are a good example – they say things like, “give someone a book” or “send drinks to a couple in love.”
- Value something bigger. Don’t forget to spend time focused on/thinking about public education, the environment, public transportation.
Yup, it’s that time of the year again. Conference time. We got things kicked off last month with SXSW and now we’re on to some of the “less networking/more learning” type conferences. While I’d like to get to a whole lot more, this is about all my work/personal life/mental health can handle for the time being.
- Inbound Marketing Summit, SanFrancisco, CA April 28-29th (speaking)
- AV Marketing Roundtable – Creative Ideas to Stretch Your Marketing Budget, Austin, TX April 30 (speaking/sponsoring)
- Community 2.0, San Francisco, CA May 11-13 (attending/podcasting/blogging)
NOTE: I have deep discount passes. Use code: GSTM2105AS when you register for $600 off.
- Corporate Communication & Technology Conference, New York, NY May 15-16 (speaking)
- Inbound Marketing Summit, Dallas, TX May 27-28 (speaking/sponsoring)
- BlogPotomac, Washington, DC June 12 (attending/podcasting/blogging)